Aronia syrup with honey
The inclusion of aronia berry juice / syrup in the diet comes with benefits in the fight against free radicals, cancer, cardiovascular disease, liver and diabetes, strengthens the immune system. Aronia is considered the wonder fruit, rich in antioxidants, which helps the whole body, and the most convenient and pleasant way to consume aronia berry is in the form of juice, a very tasty drink.
- - fruit juicer with worm shaft
- - knife
- - container
- Aronia is washed by rinsing in 2-3 waters.
- The aronia berry bouquets are left to dry on a tray. It is important that the aronia fruits to be dry, as the excess water resulting from washing can lead to the fermentation of the syrup
- After the aronia has dried, these are detached from the bunches, to be given through the juicer.
- Peel the lemons and cut them in 4.
- With the aronia berry fruits and lemons ready, in this stage you will start squeezing with the help of a juicer (with a worm shaft).
Lemon slices are added to the juicer while aronia berry is added, these (lemon slices) also have the role of decongesting the juicer's sieve (fluidizes the juice and unclogs the sieve).
- The juice formed is placed in a glass container. Add honey to it and mix vigorously until smooth.
- After homogenization, the syrup obtained is poured into a bottle and sealed.
- It is recommended to store in the refrigerator and consume the juice in a maximum of 6 months.
It is also recommended to shake the containers with aronia syrup every few days, because over time there is a separation of the syrup, more precisely small fragments of pulp are left on the bottom of the container and they can form a common mass ... Anyway by -a strong stir the mixture is homogenized.
- The pulp of the aronia berry resulting from the squeezing will not be thrown away. It will be dried and can be used both in the preparation of teas and as a powder (ground) taken as such.
Bee honey also has a preservative effect.
Aronia fruits can be harvested from mid-August to the end of September. The later they are harvested, the sweeter they are, but the raisin / dehydration effect also occurs. If the fruits are withered / dehydrated, they can be hydrated, leaving them in water for a few hours.
It is recommended that the syrup bottles not be filled to the brim, especially if they have a small opening, as it can form like a stopper and the juice will not flow.
A good way to preserve aronia fruit in the long run is to freeze it.
The aronia berry pulp left after squeezing, can be dried and then consumed as an infusion, in teas or as ground powder, in various beverages.
It can also be used in various cocktails.
- strong antioxidant: contains the highest level of anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins
- strengthens the body's immunity
- rich in vitamin C and vitamin P
- aronia can fight cancer, especially colon cancer
- prevents colds
- contributes to heart health
- anti-diabetic effect
- anti-aging effect
- protects the liver
- good digestive
- protect the body from intoxication
- reduces stress
- important source of antioxidants. It contains the highest level of anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins, compared to other foods already known.
- rich in fibers, 100 grams of dried aronia berry = 16.9 grams of fiber.
-100g of Aronia provides 35% of the daily dose of vitamin C, which supports the production of collagen, helps immunity and reduces inflammation.
- rich in vitamin P (the dose is higher than in any other fruit consumed)
- have chemo-preventive action against colon cancer
- anti-aging effects.
- strengthen the immune system.
- prevent and treat colds.
- protects against viruses and the development of Staphylococcus or Escherichia Coli.
- balances the metabolism and decreases the level of stress hormones.
- restore the tone of the capillaries.
- ORAC test (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) shows that the antioxidant level of chokeberry fruit is 16062 per 100g.
Therefore, for a correct diagnosis and treatment, it is recommended to consult a specialist.