Top 20 food groups that help you lose weight
A balanced diet is one of the main factors that contribute to maintaining the health of the body, but it is just as important when you want to lose weight.
Healthy weight loss is due to a balanced and proper lifestyle and diet. The number of calories differs from food to food, each going through different metabolic processes in the human body. Some can have very different effects on the feeling of hunger, hormones and the number of calories you burn.
Here are the 20 healthiest food groups to help you lose weight:
Whole grains such as oatmeal are full of beta-glucans, soluble fiber and significant amounts of resistant starch, which ensures a healthy intestinal transit.
Oat is satiating, improves metabolism, contributes to the normal functioning of the digestive system and keeps cholesterol within normal limits.
Caloric level: 100 g = 246 kcalConsumption mode:
- Have a breakfast with dairy, fruit and seeds for an energetic start for the day.
- Combine oatmeal, yogurt, cashews and a teaspoon of honey to reduce the craving for sweets throughout the day.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a high concentration of acetic acid, a substance that reduces adipose tissue. In addition, it lowers blood glucose levels after meals, which can have many long-term health benefits.
Consuming vinegar at the same time as a meal rich in carbohydrates increases the feeling of satiety and can make you eat 200-275 fewer calories for the rest of the day.
Caloric level: 100 g = 21 kcalConsumption mode:
- Added to salad dressings;
- Can be drunk mixed with water and a teaspoon of honey.
Chia seeds, rich in Omega-3, essential fatty acids, calcium and iron, are ideal for weight loss, because they act like a sponge, absorbing sugars, so they stabilize blood sugar levels. They are best known for their ability to increase their volume in contact with water (they absorb up to 12 times their weight in water). They extend into the stomach and thus give the feeling of satiety. Provides energy and increases the ability to withstand physical effort.
Caloric level: 100 g = 490 kcalConsumption mode:
- You can add them in smoothies, puddings or bakery products.
- Can be eaten in cereals with milk, yogurt or fresh salads.
Coconut oil is an excellent source of fatty acids that cut down the appetite and increase the number of calories consumed. It helps to reduce the fat accumulated on the abdomen, but it contains many calories, so it should be consumed in moderation.
Caloric level: 1 tablespoon coconut oil = 130 kcal
Mode of consumption: The best way to introduce it in the diet is to replace the oil you usually use with coconut oil.
Almonds are rich in antioxidants, protein, healthy fats (omega-3 fatty acids) and fiber. They help your body maintain a constant blood sugar level, increase metabolism, decrease appetite.
When we are stressed, the body produces cortisol, a substance that promotes fat deposition. Almonds are high in vitamin B2 and magnesium, which help fight stress.
Caloric level: 100 g = 578 kcalConsumption mode:
- It is recommended to eat raw almonds
- Consume them in balanced amounts - no more than 100 grams per day.
Beef can be helpful in diets thanks to the large amount of protein it contains, but also to the fact that it reduces appetite by up to 60%.
Proteinele sunt temelia oricărui plan de alimentație deoarece te ajută să îți dezvolți masa musculară. Masa musculară consumă multe calorii, chiar și în stare de repaus, așa că, practic mai multe proteine înseamnă mai multe calorii consumate.
Protein is the foundation of any diet plan because it helps you develop muscle mass. Muscle mass consumes a lot of calories, even at rest, so basically more protein means more calories consumed.
Protein also helps increase the thermal effect of food (the foods you eat, consume calories when digested).
Lean beef is rich in iron, phosphorus, zinc, protein, vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and niacin.
Caloric level: 100 g cooked meat = 250 kcal
You can prepare meat in many ways:
- in soups.
Grapefruit helps burn enzymes due to the concentration of bitter in the fruit. Vitamin C contained in grapefruit helps speed up metabolism. It also reduces insulin levels and prevents the accumulation of fat in the body.
Grapefruit is a good trigger for the production of cholecystokinin, which diminishes hunger and contains negative calories (its digestion requires more calories than those contained in the fruit itself).
Caloric level: 100 g = 42 kcalConsumption mode:
- Eating half a grapefruit about half an hour before daily meals can help you feel satiated and burn fewer calories;
- Grapefruit juice reduces body fat and starch.
Yogurt is rich in casein, a slow-assimilating protein that ensures a continuous flow of protein in the body over a long period of time. This helps you lose weight because it lowers the intensity of hunger and keeps your blood sugar stable.
Yogurt is rich in protein and calcium, but watch out for the amount of fat. Choose yogurt with a small amount of fat, but not 0 (that is usually high in sugar); 1-3% fat is best.
Certain types of yogurt contain probiotic bacteria that can improve bowel function. A healthy gut is protected from inflammation and resistance to leptin, one of the main hormonal factors of obesity.
Caloric level: 100 g = 58 kcalConsumption mode:
- Consumed between meals has the property of quickly calming hunger.
- At breakfast or in the evening in combination with cereals, seeds or fruits.
Apples are rich in water and contain pectin, which helps cells not absorb fat from food.
An apple a day can keep your weight under control. The substances and nutrients it contains help you not to accumulate unwanted fat.
An apple a day keep the doctor away!
Caloric level: 100 g = 52 kcalConsumption mode:
- An apple before a hearty meal can make you consume fewer calories.
- To enjoy all the benefits of these fruits, eat them with the peel.
A rich source of protein and fiber, legumes are often recommended in diets. It stimulates the production of cholecystokinin by speeding up the onset of satiety and thus causing us to eat less. In addition, it helps build muscle mass and can be combined into countless recipes for a diverse diet.
Lentil is essential for a flat abdomen, being rich in protein and soluble fiber, two nutrients that stabilize blood sugar levels. Keeping your insulin low will not store fat on your abdomen.
Caloric level: 100 g = 116 kcalConsumption mode:
- Some people have difficulty tolerating pulses, which is why it is extremely important that they are properly cooked by boiling.
- There are many varieties of lentils, but the yellow and red ones cook the fastest (between 15 and 20 minutes).
Broccoli is considered a super-food, containing high levels of vitamin C, vitamin A, folic acid and calcium.
It has a lower calorie count and a higher protein content compared to other vegetables. This combination of fiber and protein helps burn fat by slowing carbohydrate absorption, moderating insulin, increasing satiety and reducing inflammation. In addition, through a variety of mechanisms, various compounds in this vegetable help cleanse excess estrogen from the body.
Caloric level: 100 g = 34 kcalConsumption mode:
- Combined with various dishes in the form of a side dish or fresh in salads.
- In order not to lose its properties and vitamins, it is recommended to cook by steaming or boiling, for no more than 4 minutes.
- Broccoli should retain its green color even after cooking when cooked properly.
Celery is low in calories, improves digestion, helps eliminate toxins and fights water retention.
Plant hormones and celery essential oils are very effective in the fight against cellulite.
Caloric level: 100 g = 16 kcalConsumption mode:
- Both the leaves and the stem can be consumed.
- Include celery in the menu at least 3 times a week, preferably in the form of a salad sprinkled with lemon to enjoy its beneficial effects.
Blueberries have the highest level of antioxidants of all berries and contain 3.6 grams of fiber per cup. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and vitamins K, C and A and low in sugar and calories.
Blueberries are an important source of protein and contain 18 amino acids. Consumption of blueberries together with foods rich in carbohydrates slows down the insulin response, thus decreasing the chances of fat deposition.
Caloric level: 100 g = 57 kcalConsumption mode:
- Consume them with moderation especially when you feel the need for sugar (when your blood sugar drops), in the morning or immediately after a workout.
- You can combine them with raisins and hazelnuts or you can mix them in cereals with yogurt or milk
Fish meat helps you maintain your weight and even lose weight, being very rich in protein and healthy fats. Contains a significant amount of iodine, a substance necessary for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland, which is important for maintaining a healthy metabolism.
Salmon is very rich in nutrients and Omega-3 fatty acids (4.023 mg / 178 grams of salmon), which support brain function, help digestion, prevent obesity and metabolic diseases. It also contains leptin, the hormone that directly influences metabolism, helping in the process of proper calorie burning.
Caloric level: 100 g = 208 kcalConsumption mode:
- Add fish to your menu at least once a week.
- To control the number of calories, salmon should be cooked, boiled or grilled.
White potatoes contain a wide range of nutrients that make them the perfect food, both for weight loss and optimal health.
On a scale called the “satiety index”, boiled white potatoes ranked highest among all foods tested. By consuming them, you will feel full and you will not be tempted to eat extra.
If you leave the potatoes to cool for a while after boiling, they will accumulate large amounts of resistant starch, a substance that has been shown to have health benefits, including weight loss.
The potato, prepared simply, baked and with a little salt is part of the category of "good" carbohydrates. On the other hand, potato chips, french fries are part of the category of carbohydrates to avoid at all costs.
Caloric level: 100 g boiled potatoes = 87 kcalConsumption mode:
- Eat only one potato a day and be careful how you prepare it.
- Preparation by boiling or baking is recommended.
Eggs are high in protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and low in calories.
Many people are afraid of eggs because of their cholesterol content, which has nothing to do with blood cholesterol levels. In fact, dietary cholesterol is very important to produce testosterone and other androgenic hormones and in the presence of exercise improves the ratio between "good" and "bad" cholesterol.
An average egg contains 161 mg of cholesterol..
In addition to an excellent source of protein, eggs contain significant amounts of choline - a member of the B vitamin complex, which protects the liver from fat accumulation.
Egg whites contain albumin, the best source of protein you can find in nature. It is easily digested, has all the necessary nutrients and contains the full spectrum of amino acids.
Caloric level: 1 egg = 72 kcalConsumption mode:
- Eggs increase satiety and reduce appetite.
- They are recommended cooked for breakfast or in the evening.
Green tea is the drink that accelerates the metabolism level the most (by 4%).
Thanks to caffeine, green tea provides a considerable amount of energy and improves sports performance, motivating people to take part in activities that are beneficial to health.
Green tea contains enough epigallocatechin, an antioxidant that burns fat by increasing the level of norepinephrine (a hormone that converts fat cells into energy).
Caloric level: 100 g = 4 kcalConsumption mode:
- Drink a cup of unsweetened tea with a slice of lemon in the morning to increase your energy level.
- The water with which it is prepared must have a temperature between 60° - 75°. If the water temperature is too high, the taste of the tea will be bitter and the aroma will be lost.
Avocado contains fatty acids that stimulate metabolism, increase energy levels and burn fat. The content of water, fiber and potassium, make it less dense and low in calories.
Oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat in the composition of this fruit, is converted, in the intestine, into a hormone - oleoythanolamide, which gives satiety for a long time.
Caloric level: 1 avocado = 160 kcalConsumption mode:
- Add an avocado every few days, reducing a tablespoon of oil or 15-20 grams of fat from other sources.
- Consume it moderately, no more than one fruit a day.
- Add avocado to salads to increase the absorption of nutrients found in vegetables and greens. Its fat content can increase the absorption of the antioxidant called carotenoid in vegetables, 2.6-15 times more.
Cinnamon is a real help in the weight loss process, because it keeps your blood sugar under control and prevents the appearance of hunger and appetite.
Adding cinnamon to a culinary preparation can reduce its glycemic index by 18-29%. .
Caloric level: 100 gr = 247 Kcal
You can use it as a natural sweetener, instead of adding sugar.
Lemon is recommended in the process of weight loss being rich in riboflavin, phosphorus, vitamins B, C and magnesium.
Lemon juice and peel improve the speed of metabolism and speed up digestion.
Antioxidants in lemon melt fat and promote the elimination of toxins from tissues. In addition, lemons can relieve some of the unpleasant symptoms of diets, such as gastric burns, constipation or vomiting.
A cup of warm water, with half a squeezed lemon, drunk in the morning, on an empty stomach helps eliminate toxins accumulated in the intestines the day before. At the same time, you will prevent bloating, and digestion will be much easier. You need to drink it immediately, because the lemon oxidizes quickly and loses its properties.
Caloric level: 100 g = 29 KcalConsumption mode:
- You can add lemon juice to salads, soups and in teas.
- Mint tea with lemon cuts off appetite.
- A large cup of warm water or tea with a little freshly squeezed lemon juice or a few slices of fruit at the end of the meal helps you metabolize fats.
Along with moderation and regular exercise, eating these nutritious foods will help you lose weight and maintain your desired weight.
In the world of nutritionists and athletes, there is talk of that triangle of food - sport - rest that we imagined as a 3-legged table, and if the length of one leg of the table increases or decreases, then there is an imbalance that will affect the proper functioning of the body. That's why we talked about moderation above.
Image by dandelion_tea from Pixabay