Rhubarb macerate with honey
Rhubarb syrup, obtained by cold maceration with honey, in addition to the very good taste, also has many therapeutic properties: detoxifying, tonic rich in minerals and vitamins (such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, vitamin K and vitamin C ), digestive, diuretic, good in lowering LDL cholesterol, for treating anemia, anorexia and asthenia.
- - 800g jar
- - sieve
- - knife
- Remove the leaves from the rhubarb stem, as they are poisonous. Then clean the wood with a vegetable cleaner or simply try peeling them from one end, by pinching with the tip of a knife, then pull the wood fiber. After removing the wood, the rhubarb sticks are washed well under running water.
- Leave the rhubarb stalks to dry, eventually dab with a kitchen towel to remove water left over after washing.
Rhubarb already has a high water content. It is very important to dry them well, otherwise it is possible to ferment in the process of maceration with honey.
- Cut rhubarb stalks into slices of about 1 cm and add to the jar.
- Add the honey to the jar, little by little, in several stages, waiting for it to drain through the rhubarb slices. It is important that, in the end, the honey in the jar exceeds the level of rhubarb slices.
- Seal the jar tightly with a lid and leave it to soak for 24 to 48 hours in a dark, cool place.
After only 30 minutes, you will notice how the honey extracts water from the rhubarb stalks and a thin syrup forms. After a few hours, it is recommended to shake the jar slightly.
- După 24 (sau 48) ore de macerare, veți obține un sirop subțire, dar foarte concentrat și veți observa cum feliile de rubarba au dimensiunile ușor reduse.
- Strain the syrup through a sieve.
- Finally, the syrup is placed in a container, recommended made of glass, in the refrigerator. It is recommended to be consumed in a week,
Rhubarb syrup with honey obtained by maceration is much more valuable in terms of nutritional values than the classic rhubarb syrup, because it has not been subjected to a thermal process.
Consume one tablespoon (~ 30 ml) taken as such or in combination with various liquids when you feel the need. However, it is not recommended to exceed 5 servings a day, as it can become a diuretic.
It is not recommended to consume it in the form of juice immediately after a meal.
For therapeutic purposes, one tablespoon before meals is recommended, 3 times a day.
- rich in minerals and vitamins such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc and vitamin K and C
Therefore, for a correct diagnosis and treatment, it is recommended to consult a specialist.