Nettle juice in ice cube bags
❄ Cea mai eficientă metodă de a ne putea bucura de beneficiile urzicilor pe tot parcursul anului. Sucul de urzică ajută la detoxifierea organismului, stimulează metabolismul, ajută în afecțiunile reumatice și în special guta, întărește sistemul imunitar, influențează favorabil persoanele cu afecțiuni alergice, bun pentru anemie, suplinește carențele de vitamine, bun în tratarea bronșitelor, activează circulația sângelui, bun în tratarea hemoroizilor și supurațiilor, ...
- - vegetable juicer with worm shaft
- - bags for making ice in the freezer
- Prepare the nettles: wash well in 2 waters by rinsing. If we notice insects on their leaves, a few drops of vinegar can be added to the second water and we quickly get rid of the insects.
After washing, the nettles are shaken well from the excess water and placed on a plate. We will not wait for them to die, because they can oxidize.
If you are sensitive to nettle spikes you can use gloves.
- Wash and peel the lemon. Its role is to balance the taste of the juice, to slow down the oxidation and last but not least to decongest the juicer that can clog. If you can't stand the sour taste, you can give up lemon.
The lemon will be cut into 4 pieces (slices).
- Start squeezing the nettles and lemon. It is recommended to add a slice of lemon from time to time to decongest the juicer (to avoid clogging).
- As soon as the juice is ready, prepare the ice packs and they will be patiently filled with fresh nettle juice.
In general, the juice is very dense and will drain very hard through the holes in the ice packs. If you can't pour it into ice packs, as it is (juice), you can try diluting it a little with plain water. Thus, the juice will become more fluid and will circulate more easily through the holes of the ice packs.
- Ice bags with nettle juice are immediately placed in the freezer.
Thus we can consume nettle juice even when there are no nettles.
- The resulting pulp can be used in poultices for various ailments: sprains, muscle aches, rheumatic pains, ... It can freeze and remove only as much as you need. It can be used in poultices both cold (not directly from the freezer) and lukewarm (heated on a steam bath).
The pulp can also be used in horticulture, at the base of plants, trees ...
→ The cubes are kept in the freezer, being recommended for consumption in a maximum of 6 months!
→ Thus, we can enjoy the benefits of nettles in winter!
⚠ If you do not have a juicer, you can also use a blender and then a sieve to filter the juice. The advantage of the auger juicer is that it produces a minimal heating of the ingredients compared to other squeezing methods. That is why worm-driven juicers are recommended at the lowest possible speeds.
→ The cubes can be dissolved in cold or lukewarm water or in various beverages.
→ The juice will be drunk in small sips within a few minutes.
- tonic, vitaminizing, mineralizing
- increases immunity
- reduce fatigue, fight anemia
- regulates blood sugar levels
- good for diabetics
- lowers blood pressure levels
- strong ally against anemia
- detoxifying, has a purifying effect
- anti-inflammatory effect
- improves digestion
- good in treating internal and external bleeding
- helps regenerate the liver
- helps lower cholesterol
- increases red blood cells
- cleanses the colon
- anti-aging effect
- the ally of overweight people
- analgesic effect
- balances the PH
- rich source of protein (nettle)
- rich source of chlorophyll
- rich source of iron
- rich source of silicon
- recommended for women with heavy and irregular menstruation
- lowers blood sugar
- diarrhea if consumed very cold and in large quantities
- people suffering from blood clotting problems (thrombosis), or people about to have surgery;
- people suffering from diarrhea;
- people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome, colitis;
- people with heart failure, hypotension (low blood pressure);
- people with kidney failure;
- contraindicated for pregnant women;
- not recommended for children under 2 years;
Protein : nettle could be said to be the richest vegetable in protein and even subclasses soy, due to soy allergens / hormones.
Vitamins and minerals : vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin C, manganese, folate, copper, magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, silicon, zinc, phosphates.
→ Nettle contains protein substances, having a significant number of amino acids including essential ones, carbohydrate substances, amines, sterols, ketones, volatile oil, fatty substances, formic acid, acetic acid, pantothenic acid and folic acid, vitamins A, B2, C, K , chlorophyll, mineral salts such as magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium, copper, zinc and silicon.
Therefore, for a correct diagnosis and treatment, it is recommended to consult a specialist.